My Stoop

Copy Rights for Laura

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I can breathe again

Talk about a week of learning and lessons.  I see life as one lesson after the other. I believe we all grow spiritually and move up one level to the next, if were open to it. I believe that is why we are here. Why not learn and make every day and take every situation in life, as a "Teachable Moment."  I believe there is a God and that universal love energy is what makes the world go round.

Let me take you back to last week. My twin sister and I live together and raise my two children who are 13 and 14 years old.  Well, we've all been waiting for three months for the results of a scan that showed four spots on my sisters lungs. She is a seven year, cancer survivor, and yes, we had to wait. They were not able to say what the spots were three months ago, just that yes, there are four spots and you need to come back in for a re- scan in three months. They have to wait to see if the spots disappear or change in size. Furthermore, they don't want to do an invasive biopsy unless it is necessary.

I  won't candy coat it. Living in a house with four family members, wondering what the results would be, was scary and at times, debilitating.  My sister, who I adore, was at an all time crabby mood. My poor kids were unbelievably irritable.  Not all days were bad because of our faith. We pray, we talk things out in our home and love each other unconditionally. I was performing healing work on my sister at least once a week. Linda was out getting massages and anything else that would distract her and keep her busy during the wait.

In our house, we know that what we Speak, can manifest. Energy is vital and what we say,do, and how we behave, can affect us. It talks of this truth in the bible- We need to listen and be careful, how we choose our words. It isn't uncommon to hear one of us tell each other to take a negative word back.  As an example: My sister said, "MY cancer." After reminding her, she said, "the cancer."  I know it might sound ridiculous to those who have not studied energy, power of attraction or read the bible.

Anyhoo, I digress, because what I want to tell you is that my sister and I went to her appointment last week to hear the results. We walked out in the serene, "cancer garden of hope" which helped us relax a little. We went into the appointment with baited breath.
 THIS IS WHAT WE HEARD......................


"Linda, the four spots are gone or they are so small that they are undetectable." This woman doctor was awesome as she stayed very calm the entire appointment. Linda and I on the other hand, hugged and let out some loud fun screams and woo-hoo's.  You only live once and we might as well feel every inch of this positive scan that proved Linda was still cancer free.

The day we found out the scan results, we found out a great old friend of ours had passed away in his car at the grocery store. More than likely, a heart attack. We love our friend Kevin and what became the new focus was how to support his sister which is one of our dearest friends.. When life gives you lemons, one must make a healthy dose of lemonade. Now we grieve the loss of Kevin while being grateful for the clean bill of health of my sister.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we can waste our energy worrying about something that may never be or LIVE Life to the fullest.  This is what Kevin taught my whole family that day. Kevin really lived life to the fullest. What a perspective his death gave to all  of us. I am in no way implying that it is a bad thing to worry. To be human, means we will have times we obsess over things. There will be times we do everything right as we look at self -care. No judgement on how the heck we react. No one should judge how we feel as feelings are owned by the subjective person. Life is joy and pain and that is a fact. To feel joy, one must know pain.

 Tip for healing work: 

Step One- At night before you sleep, put your hand over your heart. It may get hot and it may feel tingly. That is a natural healing technique that can aid in sleeping well and help clear up illnesses.

5 comments:

  1. I think you are right, there are a lot of teachable moments in this life...and learning from each situation is something we can all benefit from. Sometimes, it takes a great person to set the pace and remind us that we only have on go around at this life and to live each moment to the fullest.

    I'm so happy for Linda...that is a great praise report!

    Cheers, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn,
    Thanks so much sweet girl. Yes, we are feeling so very grateful.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news about your sister but sorry about your friend. I have a hope that I've been praying for constantly. It seems little when compared to cancer, but it is very important to my daughter. She messed up her application and lost housing for her freshman year at UCF. She's on a wait list and I keep praying for a dorm room. Little compared to your sister's problems but major for us.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce,
    I will put your daughter on my prayer list. I think that is a big deal. Housing is so important. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sis-I am so happy and relieved that the week of Hell is over. Sorry I was a pill, or as your daughter put it, "you were poopy." I am so grateful for all of us that God is giving me this blessing of continuing to be cancer-free. I love you twinhead :-)

    ReplyDelete