My Stoop

Copy Rights for Laura

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Monday, March 8, 2010

Don't Pinch Too Hard

Have you ever woken up one day and felt that every thing you have ever wanted is right here? It hasn't always felt like this for me, trust me. I look back on my rich life experience and it has taught me volumes about who I am, what I am really about, what I believe in and stand for. I have a renewed and more personal relationship & faith in a loving God who is always there. I have loving & absolutley amazing children, family of origin, friends, my career in human services, my consulting business as a speaker, my puppies, blogging and living in my lovely home, in my charming neighborhood, with my identical twin sister Linda. I mean R-E-A-L-L-Y, pinch me now, but not too hard. I never realized or could forsee how time could heal such deep wounds from my complicated, thirteen year marriage. The fear and lonliness felt endless in those first days. One thing I know about me for sure, is that I do see the cup half full, no matter what it is that is being served up. I also want to be clear that leaving anything or anyone or the comfort of status quo is really tough, scary and sometimes just plain awful. There are some gems though that I want to share with you just in case there may be those out there that need to see the HOPE. Some of what I never thought I would feel is... the strong and ever growing confidence in myself, security and liberation, how wonderful it feels to have the sense of accomplishment in learning and participating in the more male stereo-typical chores in and out of the home that my ex husband used to take care of. I now know how to clean gutters, change furnance filters, turn water on and off for each season, mow the lawn with a go-green mower, shovel, fix door knobs and much much more. This is why I love blogging because I was planning to share snipets with you about my presentation.
I woke up this morning and took my vitamins, ate my bananna and set off for a Minneapolis training that I led for women in recovery. I do this quarterly, at least, and some months I facilitate this training every other week. This training is entitled " Family Violence". Each and every time I leave one of these speaking engagements I feel like....Just pinch me...

No comments:

Post a Comment