My Stoop

Copy Rights for Laura

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away

Hi Blogger buddies.  It has been raining in my area for one week now.  I think it is so funny how people do not like rain.  I actually welcome the rain since we needed it badly here in the western suburbs of a metropolis in Minnesota.  I guess they should be happy that they do not live in Washington, or do they?

I have been on a biking regement for four weeks now.  I started my biking goal because I wanted to feel better physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  I wanted to be active with my kids instead of tiring out soon after we started the activity.    I have always been able to keep up with my kids, but as of late, that was no longer true.  That made me angry, frustrated and sad.  It all started when my home was in a foreclosure, due to a loss of one of two full time jobs.  You heard me right two full time jobs.  When I lost the one job, I could no longer afford my huge mortgage.  Like many, I do use food as a emotional crutch.  This led to weight gain and I Ifelt like crap.  This led me on my journey of biking for better health. 

It has been tough this week because it has been raining so I have not been able to bike.  As an  older, young person, I am not obsessing about the fact that I cannot bike when raining as I know that it will soon be NOT raining. 

Anyway, I love this biking deal.  My activity of choice is power walking, but now biking comes in at first place.    I can't believe that I love biking so much.  I feel so different in four weeks.  My mind is more clear, my clothes fit different, SCORE.  I wanted to be able to journal my journey so others can see if I can do it, anyone can do a activity program and stick with it.

So many of us women in particular are so hard on ourselves as far as weight goes.  I know I am not alone.  I have struggled with weight all my life so really, if I can do it, you can do it.  Here is the hope. 

Stay focused on one day at a time- thinking about biking or any activity too far in the future is too overwhelming. 

Tell someone you care about that your involved in a change, only if it helps you, for some this could hinder. 

Remember that you Can enjoy the journey, don't worry that the results don't happen in one day, one week, one month. 

Pick some activity that you enjoy and know you can actually carry out. 

The time of day you choose is so important.  I knew I could not do any activity consistently unless I did it in the morning.  I am just too tired after work.  Now that I bike to work, I have to bike home.  I also can't believe how much energy I have at the end of the day now because I bike to work. 

The benefits totally outweigh the hardships. 

You have to start your new goal or program when your ready.  So many times, I wanted to start but I knew it would set me up to fail.  I started when I knew I was in the right state of mind.  This can be a hard thing to figure out, but you will know. 

Good luck to you and your new program.  Be gentle with yourself so you can succeed.  Remember, it is ok to take a break once and a while.  Keep your mind focused on the outcome and you will do it. 

I am still on after four weeks and that is not normal for me.  Please have fun and get fit. Good health is a gift, for you and your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment