My Stoop

Copy Rights for Laura

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Baseball Mom

Last night I went to my son Jacob's baseball game in Orono.  My twin and I were worried since it was so hot and humid, specifically, 95 degrees.  Linda and I are more cautious of weather conditions now that she has had lung cancer.  She is six years cancer free and I worry about her now that she has a compromised immune system and lung condition.  They removed the middle lobe of her right lung and she went underwent aggressive chemo and radiation.  I wondered if Linda would make Jacob's whole baseball game but hoped for the best.

We sat under towering pines which gave us perfect shade.  We could feel the soft gentle breeze blowing on us, as if to say, "your not going anywhere but staying to watch Jacob."  There is no better way to spend a summer night than watching your son play his favorite sport.  It also doesn't hurt that he is extremely good at baseball which is just icing on the cake.

It was a lovely evening to say the least.  We watched Jacob in amazement.  He is a natural gifted baseball player.  My favorite part was hearing the bat connect with the ball and make that noise.  Crack!!  He got on base every time and ended up with one double and a triple. 

We sat under the beautiful pines drinking water and soda from our cooler.  At one point of the game Linda said, "sis, it doesn't get better than this."  I had to agree.

I love my son.  He is such a good young man. 

I am proud to be his mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment