My Stoop

Copy Rights for Laura

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Blues

I Spoke to the group
Violence is never OK


She sat silent and still
Tears rolled down
Fast
Hard
Eyes Red
Sunken in


Kleenex in hand she wiped
Wept
Walked out of the room
Excruciating
Pain
Crushing
Head Hanging


At break she spoke
One on One
To me
Softly.......
I Killed Him
I had to
Knife to my throat


Truth is.......
I still love him


We held
Cried
Connected Soul Deep


You will live again
Hope
Love
Life


Forgive but........
Never Forget..... you can't


Misty eyed, I walked Out
Only to return next week
To Teach,Train More on....
The Cycle......
That breaks spirits
Hearts


I will never be the same
I am humbled



Humbled

11 comments:

  1. That's powerful stuff, Laura. I haven't dealt with my Blues post yet as it's a bit close to home, but I really enjoyed your piece. *smile*
    Pop over to my Award Time post when you have a minute. There's an award waiting for you *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is powerful!! Wow--what a humbling experience that would be!! Cheers, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no words. I have enormous empathy....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear sister-This story is so powerful and painful to hear about. I am so glad you run these groups to help women heal their wounds from abuse and/or from being an abuser. Your lectures are very needed in this crazy world and your down to earth personality makes it easy for the women to share their stories. You make me so proud! Love Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda,
    Thanks twinhead,
    I am proud that I am part of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene
    your the best. Thanks for the non-Judgement

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn,
    Thanks for entering my world and getting it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MojoWritin'
    You rock. Thanks for the award and I did backlink it back to you so people can see how awesome your blog is.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2/2/12 10:32

    I've only been around verbal abuse, but it's enough to make me realize just how important your work is. You're earning wings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2/2/12 10:33

    OH, NOT ROB. Rob is loving and supportive, he just filters the world in a wierd and marvelous way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gene Pool Diva
    Funny about Rob. I love the "earned wings". Awww thanks

    ReplyDelete