My Stoop

Copy Rights for Laura

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Home-Ade Pizza- Well Mostly

OK. So I do use a pizza dough from the dairy section. Who's watching anyway? Seriously, as a single mother, this recipe has saved me so many times. My kids and I have been having fun with this since they were just five years old. It is so fun to have the kids be a part of the creation. I am a foodie and work at a human service that teaches youth to cook in our charming cafe. I know how important it is to get into the kitchen as a family and just have fun. I bought aprons at a craft store with design pens. Each child makes their own apron.

Ingredients


Make your own crust or buy one at the dairy section- Don't feel Guilty
Can Tomato Sauce
Italian Spice
Diced Tomato's (Optional) - Some kids love it and some just don't.
Lots of shredded Mozzarella Cheese mixed with cheddar
Pepperoni


I give each child a spatula
Each has a bowl with sauce, a bowl with cheese, and a bowl with pepperoni- Fairness is Key


Yesiree, they spread the sauce over the crust
They sprinkle the cheese
They add Pepperoni and any other fixing they love


Bake at 425 for 12 Minutes


Vwala, you have your self a great family/or friend connection project that is so much fun and tasty too.

14 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! I love meals where kids can get involved--it gives them such an awareness of what they are eating--and it is fun too. We do this with salad night and taco night as well!! GREAT TASTY TUESDAY!! Cheers, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flat bread is perfect for children to build their pizza. Just pop into the microwave until cheese is melted. Also great for a quick, yummy snack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to laugh at how dumb I am... I didn't know they sold pizza dough in the dairy section. So, when we went for groceries this week, I bought some of that pizza dough and the French bread dough. I didn't know about that either... hahaha

      Delete
    2. Funny Darlene. Thanks again for telling me about my comments.

      Delete
  3. Love this. I've done this with my grands using the dairy biscuits on a roll...they make their own two or three or five pizzas. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous18/1/12 11:44

    This is great! (love the word "home-ade") I buy the individual Boboli crusts for birthday parties and every guest designs and creates their own pizza. The kids love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another idea on the pizza crust, to make little individual ones, you can put all your toppings on a flour tortilla. It makes a great, thin crust! :) And they are generally the perfect size for one person (you can even get the extra large ones for someone with a bigger appetite).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pizza is such a great way for kids to get involved. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kay
    I agree. It is so fun for kid's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beachlover
    Wow, Boboli are soooo expensive. I think I did that once. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene
    Great idea. Must try

    ReplyDelete
  10. JO
    Ahh, Dairy biscuits. Yes. Must try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenn
    YUM Salad Night and Taco Night. Great idea getting kids in on that.

    ReplyDelete