My Stoop

Copy Rights for Laura

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Valentines Gift from my friend the Curry Diva

The "Curry Diva's" Soup
The "Curry Diva's" Soup
Heather Jansz, better known as the "Curry Diva"
Heather Jansz, better known as the "Curry Diva"
My Lovely Guest Chef and Friend.
My Lovely Guest Chef and Friend.

You know, sometimes we all just need a reminder that we are lovable and deserve to be loved. Valentines day is just around the corner and a friend of mine wanted to give a meaningful gift to those women in her life that she felt had given to her spiritually . My friend and guest chef that I have talked about on my blog and hub pages is a true valentine to her friends. I am honored to be considered one of her friends and I don't take that lightly.
Heather Jansz or as she is called " The Curry Diva", is one of those rare jewels in life that we all aspire to emulate. She has her own cooking show and makes delectable curry dishes. She is forever thinking about how to make the world a better place. She does this in many ways. She volunteers as a guest chef, cooking and teaching at risk youth how to cook. She shares her gift at the agency where I am the Director of volunteers, called Perspectives, in our Kids Cafe. She has also fund raised for women in Nepal by cooking her curry food at the Highland Grill. This one act of love, raised ten thousand dollars and was given to the women who had suffered from human trafficking. The money helped to buy them a sewing room and safe haven. Many of you helped in this endeavour on Hub Pages. See how love can spread, just by sharing a link. It is so powerful.
Heather invited many of her women friends over the other night to hear a speaker. He presented on how to rebuild the pancreas in a society that eats to die. I know that sounds dramatic but it is true. We listened intently on the best ways to eat, what the body processes and how and what to eat and in what portions. It was a riveting lecture. All of us women who did not know each other, became fast friends and soul mates. I believe that no meeting is ever a coincidence. I call these meetings " Godcindences." I think we are where were supposed to be and meet certain people, for a high purpose. We just have to listen to the callings. I was led to go that night. My car stalled that morning but the voice was Big and I knew I had to go. My car was working by the time of the event and it was also 20 below here in MN. I am so glad I made it there. Heather cooked a beef curry dish and other fantastic fixings as we listened to the lecture. The lovely meal was followed by a social meet and greet. I felt as if I had always known these beautiful women. We became very connected and before leaving, I committed to having the next get together at my home. We can continue discussion on the healthy eating program and life style change as well as enjoying the eachother's new friendship.
The interesting thing is that my car stalled just days later and just came back from the shop. If I had stalled that night going to the Curry Diva's, it would have been very dangerous since she lives many miles away from me in North Minneapolis, MN. Again, there are no accidents and I was meant to be there that night.
We all have those around us that make us who we are. We just have to remember that all the love we need is already here. Valentines day is just one day of the year that we can show or give our love. Why not use the remaining 364 days to commit to make love happen in any way we can. Happy Valentines Day friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment